Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lean On Me

My week as a working woman (haha, cali bunyinya... I will never ever eveeeeeerrr address myself as a "woman" everrrrrr again)

23rd March 2009

I started working in the Taxation Unit (under Finance Depatment) of RBA as an account clerk. I was feeling extremely (this is an understatement) excited/nervous. I arrived early (minutes before 8) with my father. We met my uncle/my dad's brother on the way. Turns out he works on the same floor as the Finance Department so apparently my first instinct was to follow him (that and my dad asked me to follow him haha). We got on the elevator and headed for the second floor.

On the way to the "workplace/office" we met my aunt/my mom's sister. She said my mum texted her saying I was lost. Therefore, I was traded off for a bag of flour from my uncle to my aunt.

We headed to the taxation unit together (me and my aunt). The corridor was very empty at the place and only had two offices/rooms/"workplace" (and an end door that leads to a vault place which is called "the archive" in which they store skeletons (haha nadawah, it's just a file storage place) and a door after the archive which leads to the place where kapal terbang takes off)

So yeah, the door to the "workplace" was locked so my aunt lead me next door to the "fuel insurance unit". There, we met my uncle's girlfriend/friend/Tikah. Here, i am once again traded off for three little chicken eggs (it's very hard when no one wants me around). I waited in the room (talking to Tikah) for another 5 minutes.

Tan Hui Yee (my officer/bos) arrived/barged into the fuel insurance unit door with a very surprised look. It had turned out that she didn't have a clue about my arrival and neither did Anne (my supervisor, who arrived about 10 minutes after Hui Yee did).

I was given a desk and a PC to stare at until it was 9ishish when Anne had decide to teach my how to complete checking for GSTs, VATs and calculate WHTs for invoices (which came from Zur, a person from AP at the Finance department).

I wasn't even done with the invoices when lunch break came at 12. Anne took me to the canteen to eat. Then we went back up before 1. And i set off to complete my job.

If I was not mistaken I had finished calculating the WHTs for Indonesia, Thailand and The Philippines and submitted it to Anne at 1... Then I had to do the GSTs and the VATs for the rest of the other countries and inputted them into their diskettes and finished around 3 (in which I have to submit to Anne again for her to check)... Then all my previous works I had to photocopy next door and place into folders.

Anne finished checking all my work around 4.30.. So I sent all the invoices to Zur around that time... All I had to do then was wait for the clock to strike 5 and go out (and walk out with Tikah to my mum's car)

All the other days (24th, 25th, 26th and 27th of March) were the same so I have such disease that unables me to type them all out

28th March 2009

Early in the morning I went to "Curry House" for breakfast (It was a saturday, I don't work on saturdays) then I went to Adeq's place (Harith was uber cute) to give him something... something.... haha I went to Michelle's place jua tapi she wasn't there and her grandpa called me Tipah haha glamour namaku...

Kali aku ke Hospital pasal my brother had an appointment and I had itchy eyes... so yeah...

29th March 2009

Woke up at 7ish then did the laundry... Then I had the mood to clean out the staircase, so I did... Then in the afternoon my mum's cousin/my uncle got engaged... Congrats bang walid~ Kawin tah cepat-cepat, tua sudah *snickers*

That concludes my day (well nda pulang, abis ani I think aku kan jalan... kalau inda salah lah)

Toodles~
-Qibah off to stand by her-

P.S. Dayaaaaahhhh, Surabaya gimana sih? saya bersukur kamu balik dengan selamat... haha

0 comments: